Confidence looks better on me anyway.

It was soon after I decided to do less wig and more me when I decided to leave the house and show the world (well my home town) me without my wig on. However I did go into town, with my husband, with my wig on as part of me wanted to put off going out in public bald. I went into the YMCA charity shop and found a hat that I had been looking online to buy for some time and I knew that this was a sign that I was ready. (It is really important to notice the little signs for guidance, strength and support) So I went over to the mirror whipped my wig off and placed the hat on my head.

The joy that I felt from this experience was indescribable. I felt so free, beautiful, I felt like me and I felt like I had received a new lease of life which gave me the strength and motivation to carry on in this journey. For the duration of the shopping trip I decided to keep the wig off and the hat on. I watched people walk past me just to see if they were staring at me or if anyone had noticed that I did not have any hair. It was quite clear that people were in fact not staring at me and if anyone had noticed they were not too bothered about it. 

Now I am not going to sit here and write that no one has ever or will never look at me without my wig on because this is just not the case, but what I will say, is that even when people have noticed I am bald and do look at me it is not always because they are thinking something negative. It is hard to know what people think about you unless we ask them. However with a positive mindset I can start to wonder what people are thinking about me positively. I.e are they are looking at me because I am beautiful (this is not arrogance, this is growth), are they in awe of me or are they looking at me because they admire my strength? Rather than thinking they are making fun of me (which is all about them anyway and we will save that for another blog).

The reason why I am sharing this experience is because this goes to show that when we look a little out of the ordinary, depending on our mindset, levels of self esteem and confidence, it is easy for us to think that people are staring at us for negative reasons and are making negative judgements about us. But when we ask people what they are actually thinking or we change our mindset (because sometimes it is none of our business what other people think) about it we can let go worries, fear of judgment, and paranoia. PLUS CONFIDENCE LOOKS BETTER ON ME ANYWAY!

GO OUT BALD, WITHOUT MAKE UP, SHOW THAT SPOT ON YOUR CHIN OR ECZEMA ON YOUR ARMS. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU ARE.

Thank you for reading x


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Rgz12uaF2ik202Mk15ijhqKFmjW7TMhm




Comments