The day I chose to do less wig and more me

Friday 25th October 2019 was the day I decided to do less wig and more me. It was a typical Friday apart from the fact that I was attending a funeral that morning. The person who had passed was a lovely man who unfortunately lost a difficult battle to cancer.

I had met this man when he first was diagnosed and was invited by his daughter who is my friend to his house to share my own experience of cancer. At this point I was in remission from having thyroid cancer which was detected in June 2011.

I was welcomed to the family home with open arms as they excitedly waited to hear my story of how I overcame my battle and made it into remission. I spoke about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle, which included body and mind too. The largest part of the visit was based around the importance of positivity especially positive self talk. After all I am a great believer that our emotional world can have a direct impact on our physical being. I like to think of our cells responding well to positivity in order to keep them healthy and functioning well. I recommended a number of motivational books and spoke about the extraordinary art of meditation and how to this day it keeps my anxiety at bay. The family thanked me for my time and I was off.

Unfortunately after some time my friends father had passed and when visiting her to give my condolences she had told me that after I had visited her dad he said that I was a true inspiration, and if Nadia could do it he could do it too along with wanting to be more like me. I felt touched by these words and that I was able to have some kind of impact to this man whilst he was alive.

From that meeting with my friend I thought much about her father and the sheer bravery he showed through his battle with cancer and knowing his days on earth were coming to an end. HE was the inspiration, not only did he achieve to be someone like me he achieved SO much more. From attending the funeral I said the exact words about him as what he said about me, I said he was an inspiration, he was so brave and I want to be like him.... Brave.

Being brave for me is showing the world more of me and less of the wigs ......

This is where my journey of bravery begins.

Thank you for reading x

Comments